Explore our expert
Pseudo 3D Seismic
Generating 3D Seismic Cube from Sparsely Distributed 2D Seismic Lines
- 2D Seismic Lines (Stack-SEGY)
- Horizons Interpretation
- 2D Data conditioning: Amplitude and Frequency Balancing, Miss-Tie Alignment, Enhancement, Sampling rate equalization, etc.
- Generating target 3D Grids: inline-xline numbers, inline-xline increments, azimuth, orientation.
- Perform Amplitude prediction via Geostatistical Interpolation guided by horizon
- 3D Seismic Cube in SEGY Format
- 3D Seismic Cube-2D Seismic Line Tie
- Time Slice Integrity
Sparsely distributed 2D Seismic Lines are used in the example. Variation of geological settings are shown in the seismic section (Data: F3 Netherlands-Open Data)
Result of Pseudo3D Seismic Cube generated from corresponding seismic data shown in the previous slide
Pseudo3D Seismic Cube and 2D Seismic Lines tie used as quality control. Note that main events are nicely correlated.